Monday, September 27, 2010

Now We Are Six

You are listened to. I hear you, and I see you. You are with me, and you are understood. No matter the space, this presence is continuous.

Empty eyes look towards my open hands. We sit in the same place, time after time. As the sun shifts, my mind is the earth that rotates from dark to light, repetitively.

Blistered skin on my thumb from the lighter. Flick, flick, light the candles. Brilliant flames top the cake for your birthday. To sing for you, to smile and to sit with you.

Look back into time to feel my feet on the dashboard. It is summer time, and I see mornings driving down the hill. The smile on my face is warm, like the passing clouds.

Lift your face up to the sky in pain, as karma digs deep into your soul. Profuse apologies, as I try to reassure you, it is all going to be okay. You are okay, come back now.

A head that always aches. A heart that is in mourning. The work in progress, that never seems to find progression. Draped in feeling and forgiveness. Meticulous markings.

Question of the blog:
What words do you use to describe:
1. Your best friend
2. Someone you lost
3. A beautiful person
4. Yourself

2 comments:

miles b. said...

This is incredible, you are amazing.

Chelsie said...

you amaze me. this was amazing.