Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lost & Found


The other night, I came home pretty late and dropped my phone somewhere. I am the type of person to always have my phone with me, if not anything else, so a moment like this usually results in panic, a sleepless night, or thoughts of Oh no... Another few hundred dollars down the drain... But for some reason, I shrugged it off, went inside, got into bed and snuggled my pup until morning. I had no alarm, but I didn't care. I gave no thought that I had just worked, been at two different bars, and driven around town. My phone could have been anywhere.
The next morning, I woke up in total peace and tranquility. I walked out to my car thinking, if it's not in here, it's not a problem. It's just a phone. Must have been that thought that made the sweatshirt pocket gods smile down upon me, because I found it in the back seat of my car (back seat, I have no idea why.. I never go back there). Since then, I'm a little less attached to my phone. Not that I'd find it great and wonderful to lose it, but I've come to terms that if and when our paths separate, I think I'm gonna be okay.
I just stumbled upon this image, among others. I can only imagine my Apple friends shuddering in their office chairs as they view these images.

Question of the blog:
Finish this sentence: I never leave the house without _________.

No comments: