Sunday, December 7, 2008

Two Thumbs Up for Work

Last night I basically worked with the best crew ever at work, but before that...

First, I thought i might as well bring up the fact that almost every night, after i brush my teeth, I crave ice cold water. I don't know what it is, but I will seriously have to drink 2 full glasses of ice water until I am completely satisfied. Random fact of the day =]

Moving on. I work at a sushi restaurant I'm not sure how long it's been around, like 10 years I think? It was one of the first sushi restaurants in my town so it is very popular in Nevada County and well known. Last night a lady came in and was like "I'm from San Francisco and my daughter said that this is the best sushi she's ever had in her life." So that's pretty cool! Working there, I'm like a popular kid! But that's beside the point. 
Last night I got to work with my favorite girls! Nikki and Sarah were the two waitresses, and they are both pregnant right now. Nikki is 6 months pregnant this week, and is getting pretty big! It's so lovely to see pregnant women just glowing because of it. They look even more beautiful than before! I also got to work with my friends Maiya and Alex, who are totally awesome and whenever I work with them, the time just totally flies by because we have so much fun!
One of the funniest parts of the night, besides a guy who came in that totally looked like a guy from a video game (picture a guy with SUPER long hair in a pony tail, and a black leather trench coat, with a really deep voice. He probably had war hammer weapons in his jacket or something. It was so silly!), was when I was clearing a table next to this party of 2 adults and 5 kids. The boys were talking about their favorite foods and this kid, in a very proud voice, says, "The only thing I eat is sushi!... Or lasagna!" 
Then they started talking about what they are allergic to. One started off saying, "I'm allergic to nuts" and then came the snowball effect that turned into all of them saying anything from, "I'm allergic to bracelets" to "I'm allergic to water!" I don't really know how you could 1 up anyone in that game. 
While I finished setting the table (I was still hung over the video game man) I started thinking, are zombies allergic to anything? Just a thought...

No comments: