Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sixth, Locals, and Updates

Alright kids, I'm 1/6th done with school. Well, done meaning getting my certificate to do massage. After that, I'll keep taking classes and will be conquering my next goal of 250 hours. It's been grand so far, and the hands on work has been so beneficial. I've never retained as much information from school as I am right now. The curriculum is a great mix of powerpoint we see, cd's of vocabulary we listen to, and hands on work we can feel. I am inspired and excited about this part of my life and what opportunities I will have when I have my certificate in massage therapy. I'm looking into pregnancy and infancy massage, but before I look into more classes I need to start investing in a massage table. So much money!

Yesterday I went out with some friends, and met some new ones as well. It was great getting out of the house and school, and spending time with people that are both intellectual and approachable. Friends in this town is an old concept, but it's been a new challenge. I'm grateful for my busy schedule of work and school to keep me from feeling super lonely, but everyone needs a little bit of fun social time. I'm hoping that these people will stick around while I'm in Nevada City. 

Anyways, there's a quick update on my life. Now I need to get ready for work. 

Question of the blog:
Do you feel like a "local" where you are living now? Is the term a good or bad thing?

1 comment:

Moorea Seal said...

YAAAAAAY this makes me so happy :)
xo MOO