Thursday, September 8, 2011

Twinkle In Her Eye

Image Via WeHeartIt

I didn't write much this summer. In my travels, I expected to spend my days writing all about the things I discovered, my thoughts, my feelings. I came home with 4 pages; one of notes from my photography workshop, two pages were a letter I wrote and never sent, and one with a quote of some sort. As I look back on the quote, I try time and time again to think of where I heard it, or read it. Maybe I wrote it down because I felt a connection to it, or that it rang true to the moment I was in. Before I wrote this blog, I typed it into Google so I could write an author after it, but there was nothing. As I write this, my thoughts are leading me to think that maybe I wrote it one night, presumably in my tent with my dog Newo. A week into our trip, I realized nights got very cold in some places, so I bought a new sleeping bag for myself and gave her my old one. Before bed, I'd read for a little while by flashlight as Newo snuggled up to me.

"Are you happy?" I ask as she lays comfortably on her favorite blanket. There is a twinkle in her eye. "Me too."

Question of the blog:
What is one of your favorite quotes?

1 comment:

Moorea Seal said...

this is sweet to my heartciles. <3