Saturday, May 2, 2009

Alix Andersen Photography

I have known Alix Andersen for a few years, and have always been impressed with her portraiture. She has a gift for capturing beauty in everything. Her photography inspires me to do more sit-down photo shoots with people, and explore into more black and white photography.


Alix Andersen
Photographer, 21, Nevada County
Alix Andersen on Flickr

Self-Portrait. By Alix Andersen


When did you first start photographing?
A: I got my first camera when I was 12, I've always loved taking pictures of anything and anyone.


chelsrae. by Alix Andersen


What type of camera do you use?
A: Nikon d60, & 7.0 Cannon Powershot.


Untitled. By Alix Andersen 2008


What is your favorite thing to photograph?
A: My friends, my family. Those are the pictures that mean the most to me. Especially when i capture a moment that truly shows how beautiful my friends are.


Jen Baby. By Alix Andersen 2008


How often do you take pictures? How often do you have sit-down photoshoots with people?
A: I take pictures constantly. I always have at least two cameras in my purse at all times. A film & a digital. I have sit down shoots as often as I can. I'm constantly trying to find different people to collaberate with, and hopefully when I have the money I can start building a studio.


Ade. by Alix Andersen 2009

What inspires you to continue in photography?
A: I love everything about photography, anything and everything inspires me. I feel that I have a lot more to learn with it & more to experience.



Question of the blog:
Out of the five photographs featured, which is your favorite?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alix Andersen roocks my world :]