Friday, May 15, 2009

Letter To A Friend


Dear Body,
Sorry I don't appreciate you as much as you deserve.
Feet, I'm sorry I put you in uncomfortable shoes sometimes, but they look cute on you so I hope you don't mind too much. Thank you for taking me where I need to go.
Shins, I know you've collided too much with foreign objects such as tables and the occasional rock. Sorry I didn't shave you a lot in the winter time.
Thighs, I don't blame you for your size, I blame the Hershey's milk chocolate. This summer I will help you out.
Right now, I am sort of bitter to you three though, because you are all asleep on the right side and it's really bothersome.
Hips, forgive me for constantly bagging on your epic proportions. One day I will thank you when I am giving birth to a centaur baby, or something...
Belly, I know I don't show you off very often, but your tendency to look like you are pregnant is not my favorite thing about you. Thanks for your ability to hold mass quantities of food.
Back, I'm sort of mad at you for hurting for the past 5 months, but I understand that stress and everything really makes you ache.
Shoulderblades, I'm sorry I make you hunch all day long. If it helps, one day if I ever get a tattoo, I'll probably put it on you. But don't keep your hopes up because if it ever happens, it's going to be decades and decades from now.
Arms, thanks for being bendy. Sorry I hurt you in fifth grade, little right elbow.
Hands, you are beautiful. Don't tell anyone else, but I think I love you the most. I appreciate your forgiveness when I paint your nails black... You just look so sleek and sexy.
Neck, thanks for popping in the afternoon and relieving my headaches. Thank you for being long, I don't really like short necks.
Lips, you're cool. I don't have much to say about you.
Teeth, you are beautiful. Be glad you are in my mouth and not someone elses, I probably take care of you more than any other 19 year old takes care of their teeth.
Nose, sorry for piercing you that one time... But you did look really awesome. I'm mad that you are runny sometimes.
Eyes, I appreciate that you work, and that you go well with my favorite colors. Thank you eyebrows for being pointy and full, and high. You are generally nice eyebrows and don't get appreciated very often.
Hair, sorry I have dyed and straightened you so much, but I just want you to go well with Face.
All in all, thanks for being awesome. I'll work harder to make you hotter. Help me help you.
Love Always,
Alexandra Seal

Question of the blog:
What is your favorite part of your body?

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

I think that I told you before that I love hands and I am very fond of mine. I also love my left leg...a lot. Even though sometimes I hate it, a lot. love/hate relationship. But at the end of the day, I am thankful that I still have a left leg and I love my scar of epic proportions.