Friday, September 5, 2008

Best English Assignment Ever.

I basically have the worst english teacher known to mankind, and last week we had a paragraph assignment. I didn't know what to write, so I asked my friend Dustin. He told me to write this, and since he's the best, I took his advice. I hope my teacher doesnt hate me for this.

Topic sentence:
It's difficult to sleep and live through the end of the world at the same time.

Five supporting sentences:
Nobody can sleep through an extreme earthquake.
If a meteor hits your house, you could catch on fire and die.
A flood could drown you if you are not conscious.
Hurricanes kill the sleeping.
If you slept, you could not here zombies coming.

Paragraph in its awesomeness:
It is difficult to sleep and live through the end of the world at the same time. Nobody can sleep through an earthquake. If a meteorite hits your house while you are unconscious, you could catch on fire and die. A flood could drown you if you are not conscious. Also, it is a known fact that hurricanes kill the sleeping. Last, if you slept during the end of the world, you could not hear the zombies coming.

Winner? I think so.

UPDATE: I got 100% on the assignment. This makes me question whether or not English teachers really grade the homework, or just "skim" as they have taught me to do since 6th grade.

No comments: