Sunday, April 26, 2009

Don't Look Back

One thing most people don't know about me:
When I am saying goodbye, specifically at an airport or driving away from someone, I do not look back once I have said goodbye. There have been a few instances where people have been slightly offended that I didn't look back at them when I was leaving them, and so, I say sorry to those people. But you all must understand how much I hate goodbyes. I do not trust the future. I trust God, but not the future. So when I say goodbye, I take it and I hold onto that good bye, not a "see ya later" or what have you.
My family has always made wishes on big bales of hay... Don't ask me why. Usually when we are on road trips, we will see giant trucks with bales of hay, and we say this rhyme,
"Bale of hay, bale of hay,
make a wish and look away."
Once you had made the wish, you had to look away as quick as possible.. I guess so that your wish could come true? And you weren't allowed to see that one again or else your wish wouldn't come true. I guess I sort of view it like that.. I make a wish and I keep that and I don't look back. I pray that wish of seeing them again will come true, but just in case, I don't look back. I hold that goodbye so close to my heart.

No comments: