Saturday, April 4, 2009

One Two Three. I Love You. Part II

As I write this, my kitty, Wellington, is sleeping on my lap, with his head resting on the corner of my lap top. He is so cute... How could anyone hate cats??
This is my part 2 of my ode to animals. To view the first one, go HERE.

Red foxes. They are so stunning!
The Red Fox is primarily crepuscular with a tendency to becoming nocturnal in areas of great human interference; it is most active at night and at twilight. It is generally a solitary hunter. If a fox catches more food than it can eat, it will bury the extra food to store it for later.
I love watching clips of foxes playing in the snow. They are so graceful.



Deer, specifically fawn, are SO PRECIOUS! They have the most innocent, adorable faces, with long eyelashes and big goofy ears.
Yeah... Maybe they eat all of my mom's plants that she slaves over.. But they are just so cute! I love living in Nevada City, one big reason is because of all the deer I see! I almost see them daily on my street, at about 5 or 6 at a time. Little deer families!
In the U.S., about 1.5 million deer-vehicle collisions occur each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Those accidents cause about 150 deaths and $1.1 billion in property damage annually. How sad =[




Who could not love chipmunks? They're like baby squirrels slash hamsters!! Tamias is Greek for "storer," a reference to the animals' habit of collecting and storing food for winter use.
I just want a million of these. When I was little, I didn't have imaginary friends... I had imaginary animals. I know, I know, I'm a total dork.

I think my family just has this connection with animals. We are so sympathetic to them, like all of our kitties have been adopted from one random place or another.
We found Wellington at my little sister's school, and brought him food every day until one day my mom picked him up and took him home. My family got Addie from the Animal Save in Grass Valley. How did we decide on her? My dad said, "Give us the one with the most personality." They did. She is so crazy girly flirty but a total beast and will not let you mess with her... Unless you want to pick her up by her tail. hahah
Oh animals, how I love you. I'm glad God didn't leave you out in his creation plan, because a world full of humans would be no fun.

No comments: