Friday, April 3, 2009

Nasty Nancy

Tonight, I am a little bitter at the world.
I am home, but 6 hours ago I was in Santa Cruz. Why am I not still there? I am on spring break! GAH!!! I am missing Michael. I am missing all of my friendships right now. I feel like I was just walking along the road and stepped right into a deep dark hole and I'm still in the stage of shock. Maybe it will be like Alice in Wonderland and I'll be pooped out into a magical world of psychedelic fun. Let's hope for the best. Until then, I have something for you to ponder. Tonight I have been reading "Dear John" letters, which are basically letters to LDS missionaries from the person waiting for them, or vise versa. They are letters stating that A. they don't want to be together when they come back or B. have found somebody else.
Okay, I know how break up letters might be hard, but some of these are degrading to the human race. After reading some of these, I really question the integrity of this world. Some people really think they are too awesome for their own good. They really aren't.
(Please keep in mind that not all of the Dear John's are like these. Some of them are extremely thoughtful and caring letters. I don't want people to think that by me posting these that I am in any way degrading the Mormon faith, I am just stating that sometimes I hate girls. Hahah =P

"Dear Sam, Unfortunately I kind of have had a change of plans since you left a few weeks ago. Ya isn’t it crazy how much can change in such little time? Before I get to the point I want you to know I think your a great guy and have so much going for you and that’s what led me to Alex. You guys are so much alike its crazy. You could be totally best friends if you met someday, but seeing the situation I’m not sure. ha-ha. Well let’s just say that when you left I decided I really missed having a boyfriend and decided to replace you. The plus was that he was an rm not a beginner... so I thought to myself hey do I want it now or in two years, and anyone would say now right? So I said yes! ya, it happened a little fast. Like two days. My mom thinks he's cuter than you, but you'll have to tell me what you think. (Announcement attached to back) I think we’d make some cute kids. Well Sam, I hope that you find someone that you love as much as you loved me, like I did as you. It was fun to be together these last 4 years. I guess I realized what I missed out on. Have a nice two years. No regrets. See ya around. Laura Ps. if by chance we end up getting divorced we can always try to work things out later. Oh and I really like the ring can I keep it anyway? You still love me right?"

Oh Gosh. Talk about an ego. To whoever received that letter, feel blessed that you caught her main flaw early on, that she obviously has no intent on staying with anyone forever, nor does she care about anyone besides herself. I would say ditch that sucka asap.

"Dear Adam,
I just want to start by saying how much I still love and care for you but the truth is the moment your plane took off I ran into Elder Stevens. He was just returning from his mission in England. He asked me for my number and suggested that we meet up. I did and we started seeing more of each other. Occassionally, my mind would drift to you, but I figured that you were having fun with your companion and I needed some fun too. You need to concentrate on your mission thats why I'm only telling you a week before you come home so its not a shock.
I'm engaged, Adam, and I've never been happier! I was wondering, seeing how David is your best friend, he wants you to be a part of the wedding and be his best man. It is understandable of course if you can't bear it and see me with him when we said as you left "see you in white!". I know this may seem harsh but I'm way too good for you. You need some-one a little bit more in your league. David is out of my league but he still loves me. Anyway, I'm babbling, but we'll meet you at the airport when you come home! I'll look forward to showing you the wedding plans and the ring David bought me (sorry, it's the one you were going to buy me, but couldn't afford it)!
Hope this hasn't ruined your day!
All my love, forever, Christine xxxxxxxxxxx"

Sometimes, I really have no hope in mankind.

No comments: