Over the weekend, I went with two of my friends to Barnes and Noble, as well as a few other fun places. Getting out of town is always refreshing. I always forget how much I enjoy big, multi-story bookstores like that. I could get lost in there for hours. This being said, I have a few points to make, that I should have made months and months ago.
1. Every Barnes and Noble I go to has foam soap in the bathrooms. I love it. I don't know what it is about foam soap, but it makes my hands feel extra clean. That is just my imagination, I'm sure, but there's something about foam soap that I enjoy so much.
2. Out of all the places I would hate to be dumped, a bookstore like Barnes and Noble would probably be on the top ten. I haven't made a list of the worst places to be dumped, but I know that would be on it.
3. I think it would be fun to be an artist for book covers. Well, I'm not much of a drawing champ but at least take cool blurry photos to give a bit of mysticism to the books.
4. I do judge a book by its cover. But that has no correlation of how I treat human beings. We're talking about books here.
5. I have way too many books on my list right now. But I will read them all one day.
I have been told that Into the Wild was better as a book than a movie.
Jillian gets on my case about having not finished The Alchemist yet..
Saw the movie for White Oleander. Why not try the book?
All reviews point to yes on Tuesdays with Morrie. Well, 99% of the reviews from my friends. But I always enjoy life lessons. I almost bought this one at Barnes and Noble this time around, but I ran before I took out my wallet.
I remember Annie telling me good things about this one. And then I saw a free copy at the library so I took it. It's been sitting on my shelf for too long, and it must be read.
I already have this one too, and have heard great things about it. Funny books about the Antichrist getting lost in the hospital as a baby? I'm in.
Now if only I had time!
Question of the blog:
Any advice on these few books I have up? What is on your top 5 list that you would recommend?